Monday 18 January 2010

WIP Landspeeder

This is my most recent; the interior of my new WIP landspeeder. It is aimed to be a good tabletop quality, with small enhancements here and there.



First I applied two coats of Valleyo's grey primer as usual, painted the base coat, extreme highlight, the highlight and the base colour again (regal blue, 50% regal blue-50% ice blue, enchanted blue, regal blue again). Sorry, I'm not good enough, I have to apply highlights the other way around. The shading for this model was made with 0,02 nib micro pens. I have a few of those, they sometimes make life so much easier.


When I was happy with the results I painted the details on the consoles. I added some extra levers and controls made from filed down pins and some superglue.
Shame that little of this is actually visible when the marines are sitting in their seats...
Of course it still misses a coat of Army Painter's no shine varnish - which actually shines a bit unfortunately or varnish it with Vallejo matte, still not decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment