Wednesday 3 March 2010

Scratchbuild - Whirlwind turret - Mate pattern

First a little explanation for the relative silence: I started a few projects simultaneously that come slowly into fruition.
Giving away a bit of spoiler information, I developed an urgent need for a few Land Raider and Predator bits, so I started to ask around in the local gaming community for spares.
Máté came for the rescue and showing him my gratitude I spent a few hours on this Whirlwind turret. Máté is preparing for a tournament this coming Saturday and all he needed for his killer list was a Whirlwind. Since he has a spare Rhino and I happened to come by the missile part of an oldschool  turret, I decided to help him out. It sounded like fun; and it really was. By the way this is my first ever scratchbuild attempt. There is plenty of room for improvement, but for now I'm pretty satisfied with it.




Stay tuned for more!

3 comments:

  1. If you don't mind me asking, what on here is scratchbuilt? Is the round section between the metal turret and the rhino hatch custom?

    The problem with seeing a finished model is I don't know exactly what I should be looking at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the stuff in between, and some portions on the metal piece. Basically the metal part alone isn't good for much in itself, but together they look nice. You are right about the primered model not showing the original and built areas apart, but primers add so much to such models... somehow they put them together. And if you cannot tell where my stuff starts, well then I must have made the cut :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh right on. I never meant to imply it didn't look good. :)

    ReplyDelete