Wednesday 17 March 2010

Scratchbuild - The Land Raider MkI part 3

Time for an update. The outer sides (not the ones mentioned in the last post but the other two) of the tread bays are shaping up slowly, I reckon I'm at 50%.



And some details:


After I finish the side doors and some more riveting, plus a little more detailing I will move on to the hull. I'm still not sure how I want to deal with the sponsons and the lascannons. One painful question is solved unfortunately; the side doors will be permanently closed. I'm afraid it would be too risky to cut an opening now, should have thought about it earlier. It is a bit lame but I will live with it.

See also:


4 comments:

  1. Looks good. I have a general question about assembly with plasticard. How do you get edges to meet? For example, if making a box?

    Ryan
    http://ryanstactictalk.com
    http://ryanstactictalk.blogspot.com/

    twitter: rpthomps

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to measure and cut precisely, use putty on the edges and sand it to the required angle. 1-2mm plasticard is quite forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work.

    What did you use to make the rivets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mini tutorial in a few days. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete