Some old time followers might remember one of my first posts back from January; it was about a Land Speeder, full of details that later turned out to be unnecessary. The paint scheme changed too, and as I became involved With my Land Raider Mk1 the work on this little one has stalled. Until last week, when I finished it :-)
Actually it is not finished, as the magnetized parts may get some transfers and freehand, and still need to be weathered.
The model is fully magnetized, all the doors/accessories/weapons can be removed. I'm a big fan of magnetization, both for versatility and portability.
The base is made of a standard AOBR base and a piece of carbon fibre rod, as I dislike GW flying bases.
The junk on the ground are made of plasticard (heated up and bent over fire) pieces of tin sheet and resin parts.
The scratches on the bumper and the hull are the weakest part of the paintjob, hell, next time they will turn pout better. The speeder was given a little coat of dust pigment (dust, dusty green and sand) as I felt that as a flying machine stronger weathering would be out of place.
As always, feedback is welcome.
Typhoon variant with multi melta (some sooth will be applied)
Going through junk in the basement at my parents' house I found some remarkable items.
These are 1:72 Revell Normans I painted in 1989. This is my second ever paintjob. This crime against humanity was committed with some very poor quality glossy enamel paint. Miniatures were impossible to get in Hungary back then, as far as I'm concerned. I had no idea how to paint minis, and it shows.
Those days I was - as so many of us - obsessed with AD@D, and I was given a copy of the Battlesystem rules. I was very excited but found no suitable minies. I even considered making my own of pewter, but at the end of the day these 1:72 ones were the only ones I could put my hands on, apart from some brass knights from Kinder Eggs.
My very first time -I mean with paints and toy soldiers - was somewhere around the mid eighties, when I abused some crude plastic soldiers, and painted them with gouache colours and applied a very heavy glossy enamel coat. At the time I was quite influenced by the "Dirty Dozen", that I was allowed to watch on TV for the first time. This set luckily seems to be lost saving me the embarrassment.
Man, it was a long time ago... I was about ten then.
This is my version of the Living Saint. She serves no purpose in my would-be army, I just happened to come into the possession of the model and painted her just for fun. I won't keep her though, but I'll give her to my wife as present. I hope she'll like her.