Monday 7 June 2010

Things from the past - My absolute worst

Going through junk in the basement at my parents' house I found some remarkable items. 


These are 1:72 Revell Normans I painted in 1989. This is my second ever paintjob. This crime against humanity was committed with some very poor quality glossy enamel paint. Miniatures were impossible to get in Hungary back then, as far as I'm concerned. I had no idea how to paint minis, and it shows.
Those days I was - as so many of us - obsessed with AD@D, and I was given a copy of the Battlesystem rules. I was very excited but found no suitable minies. I even considered making my own of pewter, but at the end of the day these 1:72 ones were the only ones I could put my hands on, apart from some brass knights from Kinder Eggs.

My very first time -I mean with paints and toy soldiers - was somewhere around the mid eighties, when I abused some crude plastic soldiers, and painted them with gouache colours and applied a very heavy glossy enamel coat. At the time I was quite influenced by the "Dirty Dozen", that I was allowed to watch on TV for the first time. This set luckily seems to be lost saving me the embarrassment. 
Man, it was a long time ago... I was about ten then.


No comments:

Post a Comment