Sunday 16 May 2010

Scratchbuild - The Land Raider MkI part 7.

Tonight I proudly present you the newest addition to the project, the side sponsons. This is how they look like:


The lascannons are made in similar manner as as John from Santa Cruz Warhammer made them on his marvelous Death Guard Land Raider. Perhaps this beauty and Ron's gorgeous Deathwing Land Raider gave me the greatest inspiration during the project. 
Back to the cannons, I cut the upper one to make it longer and added extra plating to the guns. I think they came out quite good.

  

The guns are attached to a mount by a joint. Both the joint and the gun mount is affixed by magnets, so they can move freely though they seem to be quite sturdy at the same time.



Unfortunately this last picture is not very good. Anyway I made a prototype of the gun mount and then I cast it in resin using the plain and simple open mould technique to have exact copies. Please note that the mounts are actually two piece each as the center part is separate. On the mount I used (it cannot be seen unfortunately) a new microdetailing technique, that I believe is my genuine idea. I'm quite happy with it, so I will write you a tutorial later.
I see the end of the tunnel now.

See also:

Scratchbuild - Land Raider MkI project part 6.

5 comments:

  1. What a great project, and awesome work.

    John
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is getting more and more serious!
    simply brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work! I posted a link to this on my site to share with folks!

    http://xenite.wordpress.com/2010/05/24/this-is-pretty-awesome-oldschool-land-raider/

    I love the old LR design, and the way that you are tying it in with the more modern look of WH40k detail is brilliant! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @xenite: thanks for sharing! This is exactly the look I'm after; a thing from the extreme antiquity, an artifact that is maintained and continuously upgraded with the latest equipment. Mostly ceremonial, but still deadly.

    ReplyDelete